AD.com: Welcome to AuthorDiscovery,com, Richard. We’re big fans of your book Collapse over here and eagerly awaiting the follow-up, Resistance (due July 15, 2013). Collapse was your debut novel, yet you have a presence and following usually reserved for authors with 5-10 books out as evidenced by your mind-boggling 358 Amazon reviews alone! Reviews are one of the most important element of early author discovery, how have you managed to get so many reviews?
- E-mail marketing: RS – Haven’t done it.
- Online advertising (niche websites, google, facebook, goodreads): RS – I’ve put a good deal of money into this and have found it helps a great deal.
- Blogging: RS – My blog is focused on helping other authors and the occasional blog post from me. I get between 400-800 views a day so it definitely helps with exposure.
- Your website: RS – Just have a blog.
- Goodreads: RS – Goodreads is still a mystery to me. It’s hard to gauge its effectiveness.
- Ebook promotions: RS – I’ve done a lot of giveaways and promotions on Facebook that have really put the word out there.
- Authors helping authors: RS – Like I said, my blog is focused on this. I’ve asked authors to help me push promos and have done the same for them. This interview is a prime example. 😉